1. Start with 4 large cut-up sweet potatoes. Boil, steam, or bake them as simply as possible, using nothing more than salt.
2. Five minutes before you're ready to eat, put the garlic herb flavor ingredients—¼ cup olive oil, lots of chopped garlic, a sprinkle of chopped fresh oregano—into the appropriate size pan with some salt and pepper.
3. Set the pan over medium heat, and cook, stirring once in a while until fragrant; if the mixture is boiling too much, lower the heat.
4. Drizzle the flavorings over the warm potatoes, and toss.
5. Add grated Parmesan, or crumbled feta or queso fresco.
6. Taste and adjust the seasoning, and toss again.